Food Processing & Agribusiness
Food processing and agriculture have long been a part of the Lancaster County area. The region’s agriculture roots run deep, putting Lancaster County in the top 20 of U.S. counties for the agriculture and related businesses industry. Household names like Tyson, Pepperidge Farm, Kellogg’s and Turkey Hill all create products in the County.
Agribusiness & Food Processing Facts for Lancaster County
- Primarily animal agriculture (dairy, poultry, swine)
- Accounts for 5,000+ jobs and $1 billion in sales
- Great soil and conditions that are conducive to farming and food processing
- Skilled, knowledgeable and experienced workforce
- Business infrastructure that supports agribusiness
- High school agriculture programming
Access to Markets
Lancaster County is centrally located in the New York-Washington, D.C. corridor and is within a 500-mile radius of more than 40% of the U.S. population and more than 60% of Canada’s population.
Lancaster County is in one of the most productive distribution corridors and boasts a robust transportation infrastructure, including easy access to rail, road, and international airports.
Incentives & Financing
EDC of Lancaster County, along with its sister organization EDC Finance Corporation, provides financing and incentives to companies and businesses looking to locate or expand in the area.