The Center for Regional Analysis (CRA) represents a progressive approach to developing a strong, sustainable economy in a regional marketplace where impact can be tangible and visible. Led by the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County, CRA responds to a growing trend in the economic development industry: the need and expectation for strong data and analysis as a fundamental to driving programming and guiding growth.
CRA’s mission is to become the primary source of economic knowledge for regional PA economies. Using cutting edge data analytics, the Center will deliver economic insight that bolsters a region’s business retention, expansion and attraction, while enhancing overall economic well-being and resilience.
The Center is in its start-up phase and seeking to build a team of analysts. This role requires an individual with strong quantitative and modeling skills and an intensely curious, entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is a team player that loves playing with data, has strong attention to detail, and is comfortable working through ambiguity, resourceful in finding data to address complex problems, and able to tackle multiple projects at one time.
Working as part of a team, you will help deliver comprehensive analytic solutions for businesses, nonprofits and government. What you will be doing:
- Support quantitative and qualitative research to help translate business and industry needs into economic development initiatives and policy
- Identifying, monitoring and collecting complex data related to community and economic development from variety of sources, including industry, trade publications, web-based news and private and public databases;
- Thinking creatively and looking for unconventional and/or intuitive ways to model and explain market and community patterns and inform economic development projects and policy development;
- Presenting data and complex systems in a visual manner;
- Evaluating and integrating spatial and economic data from various data sources and data types; and
- Working with senior staff and clients on consulting and research projects.
This position reports directly to the Center’s Director.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in geography, economics, finance, statistics, computer science or related discipline, plus at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong data analyst skills: Excel, SQL, and statistical programming knowledge.
- Ability to create dashboards providing context and insights into relevant mission objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams to meet tight timeframes for multiple and concurrent projects.
- Proficiency with using R, Python, and ArcGIS highly desirable.
- Ability to profile and analyze spatial and nonspatial data to meet client and policy needs.
- Working knowledge of regression analysis and forecasting.
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering and presenting large quantities of data.
- Training in economic development a plus.
The Center for Regional Analysis (CRA) is located in downtown Lancaster City, PA, which Forbes identified as one of “10 Coolest U.S. Cities” in 2018. CRA is part of the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County.
CRA offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
To apply, please email the following: cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references:
We will contact you directly if the recruiting committee is interested in your application.
It is the policy of EDC to grant equal opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard of race, color, age (40 and over), sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic. It is the intent and desire of EDC that equal opportunity be provided in employment, wages, promotion, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.