The Center for Regional Analysis is a start-up, nonprofit research center dedicated at delivering data analytics and economic insight to regional economies outside the 1 million-plus urban centers.
It is seeking an economist with strong quantitative and modeling skills and an intensely curious, entrepreneurial spirit.
What you will be doing:
- Undertaking forecasting and time series analyses tailored to the specific regional economic and/or sector conditions;
- Distilling research into clear, actionable narratives that inform business and local/regional government decisions;
- Preparing publication-quality drafts of reports and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences (industry experts, state/local government officials, community and business stakeholders);
- Managing projects and junior staff;
- Engaging clients and EDC stakeholders on consulting and research projects.
To be successful, you need:
- Ability to balance quantitative rigor with the practical realities of inconsistent and incomplete business and economic data;
- Self-directed and able to manage a long-term research agenda while delivering on short-term projects involving internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to communicate complex and highly technical analyses in simple, easy to understand points; and
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
This position reports directly to the Center’s Director
The Center for Regional Analysis (CRA) is located in downtown Lancaster City, PA, which Forbes identified as one of “10 Coolest U.S. Cities” in 2018. CRA is part of the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County.
CRA offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
The position is anticipated to begin no later than August 1, 2020. To apply, please email the following: cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references:
We will contact you directly if the recruiting committee is interested in your application.
It is the policy of EDC to grant equal opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard of race, color, age (40 and over), sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic. It is the intent and desire of EDC that equal opportunity be provided in employment, wages, promotion, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.