VIEW OPEN POSITIONS
The Center for Regional Analysis (CRA) represents a progressive approach to developing a strong, sustainable economy in a regional marketplace where impact can be tangible and visible. Led by the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County, CRA responds to a growing trend in the economic development industry: the need and expectation for strong data and analysis as a fundamental to driving programming and guiding growth.
CRA’s mission is to become the primary source of economic knowledge for regional PA economies. Using cutting edge data analytics, the Center will deliver economic insight that bolsters a region’s business retention, expansion and attraction, while enhancing overall economic well-being and resilience.
The Center is in its start-up phase and seeking to build a team of analysts that have strong quantitative and modeling skills and intensely curious, entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is:
- a team player that is motivated by the challenge of bringing data analytics to complex economic development challenges;
- loves playing with data and resourceful in finding data to address complex problems;
- has strong attention to detail;
- is comfortable working through ambiguity; and
- able to tackle multiple projects at one time.
You will be part of a team to deliver credible, data-driven analysis that informs both private and public strategies addressing economic development.
- Degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, geography or related discipline.
- Strong data analyst skills: Excel, SQL, and statistical programming knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of regression analysis and forecasting.
- Experience implementing spatial analysis (eg, R, Python, ArcGIS).
- Ability to creating custom reports and other data visualization products.
- Training in economic development a plus.
The Center for Regional Analysis (CRA) is located in downtown Lancaster City, PA, which Forbes identified as one of “10 Coolest U.S. Cities” in 2018. CRA is part of the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County.
CRA offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
The position is anticipated to begin no later than July 1, 2018. To apply, please email the following: cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references:
We will contact you directly if the recruiting committee is interested in your application.
It is the policy of EDC to grant equal opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard of race, color, age (40 and over), sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic. It is the intent and desire of EDC that equal opportunity be provided in employment, wages, promotion, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.